This weekend I upgraded OS X from Lion to Mountain Lion. Documenting steps I had to do to get all my development environments working with MacPorts.
- First installed the latest XCode via the Mac App Store
- Downloaded/Installed Mountain Lion
- Launched XCode one to so I could agree to license, etc.
- MacPorts also requires the XCode Command Line tools which are a separate install. Inside XCode preferences: “Instead, they can be installed optionally using the Components tab of the Downloads preferences panel as shown in” (source)
- Had to run “sudo xcodebuild -license” after getting “Error: org.macports.build for port libunwind-headers returned: command execution failed”. Run this, scroll down, type agree.
- sudo port selfupdate
- sudo port upgrade outdated
- Everything finished and worked properly except MongoDB. Currently there’s a bug and the easiest/best work around seems to be just manually installing the latest stable OS X version from http://www.mongodb.org/downloads and manually copying the binaries into /opt/local